Definition of false indigo
1 : a shrub of the genus Amorpha: such as
a : a shrub (A. fruticosa) of the eastern U.S.
b : a shrub (A. californica) of the Pacific coast
2 : indigo broom
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game