Definition of false front
1 : a facade extending beyond and especially above the true dimensions of a building to give it a more imposing appearance
2 : false hair usually used for bangs or curls at the front hairline
3 : appearance or manner intended to deceive
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game