fell in; fallen in; falling in; falls in
Definition of fall in
1 : to sink inward the roof fell in
2 : to take one's proper place in a military formation
fall in with
1 : to concur with had to fall in with her wishes
2 : to harmonize with it falls in exactly with my views
3 : to begin associating with she fell in with a bad crowd
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game