Definition of fairy bell
1 or less commonly fairy cap or fairy finger or fairy glove : foxglove sense 1
2 : a woodland herb (Disporum lanuginosum) of eastern North America with terminal greenish flowers and red pulpy berries
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game