faint of heartidiom
Definition of faint of heart
: lacking the courage to face something difficult or dangerous —usually used in the phrase not for the faint of heart This is a difficult climb that is not for the faint of heart.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game