face up tophrasal verb
faced up to; facing up to; faces up to
Definition of face up to
: to deal with (something bad or unpleasant) in a direct way She has to face up to her problems now, or else they'll only get worse. We need to face up to our fears.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game