face up tophrasal verb
faced up to; facing up to; faces up to
Definition of face up to
: to deal with (something bad or unpleasant) in a direct way She has to face up to her problems now, or else they'll only get worse. We need to face up to our fears.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game