variants: or face the fact(s)
Definition of face facts
: to admit that something is true The time has come to face the fact that the government's policies aren't working. The time has come to face the facts and admit that the government's policies aren't working. Let's face facts—our plan isn't working.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary in April 2019
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 4/19/19
- Aww it's So 'Adorkable'
- 'MacGyver': The Verb
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game