eyes are bigger than one's stomachidiom
Definition of eyes are bigger than one's stomach
—used to say that someone has taken more food than he or she can possibly eat I can't finish my meal—I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?