Definition of extraordinary rendition
: the seizure and transfer of a person suspected of involvement with a terrorist group to another country for imprisonment and interrogation without legal process (such as the naming of charges, legal representation, or trial) America's prisoners considered of particular interest were routinely transferred to third countries, a practice known as "extraordinary rendition."— William Pfaff
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?