exterior ballisticsnoun plural but usually singular in construction
Definition of exterior ballistics
: a science that deals with the factors affecting the behavior of a projectile after the projectile leaves the muzzle of the firing weapon (such as the initial velocity of the projectile, the force of gravity, and atmospheric conditions) — compare interior ballistics
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game