Definition of exterior ballistics
: a science that deals with the factors affecting the behavior of a projectile after the projectile leaves the muzzle of the firing weapon (such as the initial velocity of the projectile, the force of gravity, and atmospheric conditions) — compare interior ballistics
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game