exo·cor·tis | \ ˌeksəˈkȯrtə̇s\
Definition of exocortis
: a disease of oranges that is especially important in trees grafted on trifoliate stock, is characterized by peeling of the outer bark in narrow dry strips and by dwarfing of the tree, and is caused probably by either a virus or a genetic factor
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game