exo·cor·tis | \ ˌeksəˈkȯrtə̇s \
Definition of exocortis
: a disease of oranges that is especially important in trees grafted on trifoliate stock, is characterized by peeling of the outer bark in narrow dry strips and by dwarfing of the tree, and is caused probably by either a virus or a genetic factor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game