exhaust (all) the possibilitiesidiom (1)
Definition of exhaust (all) the possibilities
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to try everything one can They've exhausted (all) the possibilities.
exhaust all/the possibilitiesidiom (2)
Definition of exhaust all/the possibilities (Entry 2 of 2)
: to do everything one can think of doing
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game