ex·a·cum | \ ˈeksəkəm\
Definition of exacum
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical Asiatic and African plants (family Gentianaceae) including one species (E. affine) of herbaceous biennials with bluish to dark lavender flowers that are often cultivated in the greenhouse
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Exacum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game