plural ex libris
Definition of ex libris
: a book owner's identification label that is usually pasted to the inside front cover of a book : bookplate On the inside of the covers appears that plate with the fat chicken wearing glasses, hatching a closed book. Yehiel explained to me that that was his father's ex libris …— Meir Shalev
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game