Definition of every second
1 : every two —used to indicate that a repeated activity happens or is done once in two periods We elect a mayor every second year.The fair is held every second year.
2 : every moment I enjoyed every second of her visit.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game