Definition of eventing
- Eventing is essentially a triathlon for horses, including a dressage test of mandatory figures, an endurance phase of cross-country galloping and jumping and show jumping.
- —Ellen Filmer, The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon), 18 Dec. 2009
- Despite having the most off-putting name in sport, three-day eventing is always a whale of a show.
- —Newsweek, 5 Aug. 1996
- An Olympic sport since 1912, eventing originated as a way to test the ability and endurance of military horses.
- —Katie Thomas, New York Times, 9 Apr. 2008