Definition of evening primrose
: any of several dicotyledonous plants of a family (Onagraceae, the evening-primrose family) and especially of the type genus (Oenothera) especially : a coarse biennial herb (O. biennis) of North America with yellow flowers that open in the evening
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game