variants: or eucalyptus kino
Definition of eucalyptus gum
: a reddish brown dried gummy exudation from a red gum tree (Eucalyptus rostrata) of Australia and several other eucalypts used as a base for lozenges and troches
— called also Botany Bay kino, red gum
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?