eth·yl·hex·o·ic acid | \ ¦ethə̇l¦hek¦sōik-\
Definition of ethylhexoic acid
: a colorless liquid acid CH3(CH2)3CH(C2H5)COOH made synthetically and used in the form of its salts (such as the cobalt or lead salt) chiefly as varnish driers; 2-ethyl-hexanoic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game