escape one's attentionidiom
Definition of escape one's attention
: to fail to be noticed by someone That mistake escaped my attention. —often used in negative statements Your hard work and dedication have not escaped my attention. I'm aware of how much you have done.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?