variants: or less commonly escape covert
Definition of escape cover
: vegetation that by reason of strategic location or natural formation assists the escape of animals from their predators multiflora rose forms excellent escape cover and produces some food for game animals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?