error of closure
Definition of error of closure
1 : the ratio of the distance by which a survey fails to close to the perimeter of the tract surveyed
2 : the sum of the angles of a traverse as measured minus the true sum required by geometry
— called also closing error
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?