Definition of errand boy
: a person whose job is to run errands for important people He worked his way up from errand boy to regional sales manager. —often used figuratively to criticize people by suggesting that they are controlled by someone more powerful The governor is nothing more than an errand boy for the big companies in his state.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game