variants: or erev \ ˈerəv , ˈeˌrev \
Definition of ereb
a : the part of the day or the day immediately preceding the Jewish Sabbath or a Jewish holiday
b : an indefinite period preceding a Jewish holiday as busy as a housewife on ereb Yom Kippur
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?