Definition of equalization fund
1 : a fund for equalizing payments or income to various classes of persons specifically : a fund raised by tariff duties on certain products and used for equalizing the income of producers of those products in proportion to their respective ratios of production
2 or equalization account : stabilization fund
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?