Definition of equalization fund
1 : a fund for equalizing payments or income to various classes of persons specifically : a fund raised by tariff duties on certain products and used for equalizing the income of producers of those products in proportion to their respective ratios of production
2 or equalization account : stabilization fund
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game