ep·thi·a·nu·ra | \ ˌepthēəˈn(y)u̇rə\
Definition of epthianura
1 capitalized : a genus of very small short-tailed Australian birds (family Sylviidae)
2 plural -s : any bird of the genus Epthianura : chat sense 3b
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game