Definition of entrance pupil
: the stop in an optical instrument or the virtual image of the stop that determines the angular diameter of the bundle of rays traversing the instrument from a given point in the object space — compare exit pupil
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game