en·tra·da | \ ə̇n‧ˈträdə, en‧-\
Definition of entrada
: an expedition or journey into unexplored territory before beginning the long entrada, the trappers killed three deer— R. G. Cleland especially : a Spanish exploring or conquering expedition in America through the many entradas and colonization attempts, to the final conquest after the great Maya revolt — Science nothing was left except the deeply engraved routes of their remarkable entradas — Frank Waters
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game