en·lève·ment | \ äⁿlevmäⁿ\
plural enlèvements\ -mäⁿ(z) \
Definition of enlèvement
: the lift into the air of a ballerina by her supporting male dancer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game