Definition of endochondral ossification
: ossification taking place from centers arising in cartilage and involving deposition of lime salts in the cartilage matrix followed by secondary absorption and replacement by true bony tissue — compare intermembranous ossification
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?