endear tophrasal verb
endeared to; endearing into; endears to
Definition of endear to
: to cause (someone) to be loved or admired by (someone or something) They endeared themselves to the whole town. His generosity has endeared him to the public. Her bad temper did not endear her to her coworkers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game