end withphrasal verb
ended with; ending with; ends with
Definition of end with
1 : to have (something) at the end The film ends with a wedding scene. The convention will end with her speech.
2 : to cause (something) to have (something) at the end She will end the convention with her speech. He ended the concert with one of his new songs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game