Definition of end lap
1 or end lap joint : a joint (as of two boards) made by cutting away half the thickness of each member so that each overlaps the other
— called also half lap
2 : the overlapping parts of successive aerial photographs of contiguous areas in a line of flight
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?