Definition of emerald cuckoo
1 : a small brilliant green African cuckoo (Chrysococcyx smaragdineus) with yellow breast
2 : a small bright green cuckoo (Chrysococcyx maculatus) found from the Himalayas to southern China
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?