Definition of ellipsoidal spotlight
: a spotlight used in theatrical lighting that contains an ellipsoidal reflector and that is particularly designed for long throws and is more efficient than conventional spotlights, reflecting rays that others waste
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game