Definition of ellipsoidal spotlight
: a spotlight used in theatrical lighting that contains an ellipsoidal reflector and that is particularly designed for long throws and is more efficient than conventional spotlights, reflecting rays that others waste
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game