Definition of electron telescope
: an electron-optical instrument that penetrates obstacles to vision (such as fog, smoke, darkness, or distance) by means of infrared rays, the image being focused on a photosensitive cathode that in turn produces the final enlarged electron image on a fluorescent screen
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game