Definition of electrometer tube
1 : an amplifier tube of extremely high sensitivity used in a vacuum-tube measuring instrument (such as a voltmeter)
2 : a vacuum tube having high impedance in the grid circuit so as to minimize the undesirable control-grid current
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game