Definition of electrochemical equivalent
: the weight of a substance (such as an element) deposited or evolved during electrolysis by the passage of a specified quantity of electricity and usually expressed in grams per coulomb, the value for silver as the usual standard being 0.001118 gram
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?