Definition of electric log
1 : a device for determining the nature of geological strata (as in well digging) by electrical means usually through resistivity measurements
2 : the record of tests made by an electric log — compare log entry 1 sense 3b(3)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game