ek·ki | \ ˈekē\
Definition of ekki
1 : a tropical African timber tree (Lophira alata or L. procera) of the family Ochnaceae yielding a heavy hard durable reddish brown wood that is used especially for wharves, railway ties, and flooring
2 : the wood of the ekki
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game