ei·co·sane | \ ˈīkəˌsān\
Definition of eicosane
: any of the isomeric hydrocarbons C20H42 of the methane series especially : normal eicosane CH3(CH2)18CH3 obtained as a colorless solid from paraffin wax
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game