Definition of edge runner
1 : a stone or metal wheel in an edge mill
2 : a machine consisting of one or more heavy steel rolls or grindstones set on a horizontal shaft rotating round a pan or trough that is used for crushing stone, fibrous matter for papermaking, or other material
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?