Definition of echo chamber
: a room with sound-reflecting walls used for producing hollow or echoing sound effects —often used figuratively Living in a kind of echo chamber of their own opinions, they pay attention to information that fits their conclusions and ignore information that does not.— James Surowiecki
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game