eaten up with/byidiom
Definition of eaten up with/by
: unable to escape (a feeling, such as jealousy, bitterness, etc.) and made unhappy by it He was eaten up with envy of his brother's success.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game