eat/have someone or something for lunchidiom
Definition of eat/have someone or something for lunch
: to outdo or defeat someone or something very badly The big hardware chain was eating/having the local store for lunch.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game