Definition of eat dust
: to breathe the dust that has been raised into the air by the vehicle that is moving in front of one He said, "Eat my dust!" as he jumped in his car and drove away. —often used figuratively They were quick to create new products and left other companies eating their dust.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game