Definition of eastern kingbird
: a common American kingbird (Tyrannus tyrannus) that breeds in much of North America from coast to coast and winters in tropical America and is distinguished from related birds by a wide white band on the tip of the tail and an orange-red crest which is usually obscured
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game