early/late in the gameidiom
Definition of early/late in the game
: at an early/late time in a game or sport She scored a goal early in the game. —often used figuratively It's too late in the game to change the date of the meeting.She got into the computer industry early in the game.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game