early/late in the gameidiom
Definition of early/late in the game
: at an early/late time in a game or sport She scored a goal early in the game. —often used figuratively It's too late in the game to change the date of the meeting.She got into the computer industry early in the game.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game