Definition of eared grebe
: a rather small grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) having yellow ear tufts of fan shape and a black neck and being represented by various subspecies in Europe, Asia, southern Africa, and western North America
— called also black-necked grebe
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game