Definition of e-cycle
- … many municipalities around the world now mandate that old electronic appliances must be e-cycled.
- —Paul McFedries, IEEE Spectrum, October 2008
- E-cycling is important because many of their complicated components contain hazardous materials like heavy metals, mercury or lead that can seep into the land and contaminate nearby areas if they are dumped in a landfill. Additionally, many electronics can be reused by schools, churches and non-profits, sold for scrap or disassembled for parts in other devices.
- —Marion (Illinois) Daily Republican, 24 Apr. 2013
- — often used before another noun
- an e-cycling event/program